zondag 22 april 2012

The culture of Tanzania - Week 11 - Anou Christiaens

Hello everyone!

I’m back to tell you something more about the countries in our trip! Today we’re in Tanzania. Unfortunately this is the last time you can read my adventures during our trip. Our trip has almost come to an end. Because it’s the last time I write something, I wanted to write about something fun. That’s why I chose to write about the culture of this country.

We arrived here in the evening, so we were starving. A local woman gave us something that was called pilau. It was a spiced rice, potato and meat dish that is very traditional for this country. It was an enormous pile of food because it’s considered very shameful for guests to leave hungry. I can tell you one thing; I wasn’t hungry anymore after eating that much food!

When we were taking our tour around the country, we saw a certain type of house. Our guide told us that it was a Swahili house. It’s a rectangular structure made of stone on a wooden frame. This type of house is found all along the coast. We learned that each ethnic group has a unique traditional house, ranging from those rectangular houses to round, beehive-shaped houses.

One of the things you certainly know is Mount Kilimanjaro. It’s the highest peak in Africa, and the magnificent wild animals draw millions of tourists to the country every year. The landscape and animals are valued national treasures. They are symbolized on coins. We also travelled to Mount Kilimanjaro because it’s something that you must see. It was a wonderful experience and I advise everyone to travel there once in their life.


I hope that I’ve created an interest for this country. It’s a beautiful country with friendly inhabitants. You can read all about our last country, which is Madagascar, next week in the blogs of my dear friends Roselinde, Julie and Melisa.


Goodbye for now!

Xoxo Anou


Sources:



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten