zondag 22 april 2012

Politics of Tanzania – Week 11 – Anneleen Coppens


First of all I would like to say that this journey was a once in a lifetime experience to me. I met so many kind people who were always willing to tell us more about their life and their families.
I think I never would have made this trip without my friends. We supported each other and everyone tried to keep up with our blog. This blog and everything we saw will be a beautiful memory.

So today I’m writing my last blog message. We continued traveling and this week we landed in Tanzania.
In this country the President is both head of state and head of government. He is elected by direct popular vote for five-year terms and so are the other members of the National Assembly.
Right now the President is Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete. I remember the article I read about him and it said launched the international year of cooperatives in Dar es Salaam on March 20th, 2012.
Cooperatives can showcase their activities on this exhibition.

The President of Tanzania appoints a prime minister and he also nominates ten non-elected members who can become cabinet members.
Here in Tanzania there’s only one party: the Chama Cha Mapinduzi. This party has all the power and every opposition party is considered having no chances.

Today we have put our money together and made an amazing trip with a helicopter. While we were sightseeing we listened to our guide.
He told us that Tanzania is divided into 30 regions: 25 on the mainland, 3 on Zanzibar and 2 on Zanzibar’s second isle.
The district councils act at local level and they’re also known as local government authorities. There are 99 districts and 114 councils operating in them.

We definitely had a ‘chill’ and relaxed day! The weather was favorable and the helicopter trip gave us a good breath of fresh air.

Have a good one!
Anneleen


Sources:
http://uncoopsnews.org/?p=402

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten